DiDi was able to come for her birthday festivities which ran over a three-day period. How great is that?! Only during your childhood does your birthday last for days on end with multiple parties, cake and gifts. As an adult we try to do everything we can to avoid celebrating our birthdays, letting anyone else know our age and add on extra calories with icing. (Whoa, I got sidetracked! LOL!...back to Avery's birthday!)
Her birthday fell during the school week so we took some pictures of the new 7-yr old heading off to school that day!
DiDi's plane got in later that day and the real party began!
Bella had to get some "DiDi Love" too, of course!
Mrs. Santone let Avery say a few words before they dug in...If I remember right, she ended up inviting EVERYONE to her party. I don't think that will be the last time she puts me on the spot like that when it comes to a party. I have to remember that technique down the road a few years.
Later that night we had a family dinner with our friend, Jeff, and she got to open some cards and presents.
Saturday morning before the official party festivities began, she opened the family presents. She doesn't look happy at all about this part. LOL!
This was her absolutel favorite card! I think she repeated the birthday song over, and over, and over, and over....Well, you get the picture.
Okay...I must preface this next picture with "All she asked for was an iPod shuffle for her birthday." Which is exactly what she got (along with an iTunes gift card of course).
Her party was at a new place to Frisco, TX called Color Me Mine:
This place is so neat! You can pick out any piece of pottery and then paint it however you like. They will glaze it then fire it in a kiln for you to pick up a week later. The girls chose between cupcakes, dolphins, flower boxes, ballerinas and other things to paint.
As her friends arrived, they all wrote their names on a plate that we took home for a wonderful memory of her big day.

It didn't take long for the girls to jump right in and get started on their project. I still don't know why 80% of them chose the dolphin. My favorite was the cupcake box.

No matter how much DiDi offered help to Bella, little Miss Independent, knew exactly what she wanted to do with her ice cream cone box. I still want to know where this "lefty" came from. "Granpa: this one's for you!"

No comments:
Post a Comment